– Learn the construction technology and techniques behind Net Zero and Net Zero Ready Homes, including:
* Using modeling, find the balance between energy efficiency and renewable energy with cost-effectiveness as a key factor.
* Best practices for the building envelop, including comfortable basements, above-grade walls and exposed floors, super‐efficient windows and doors, effective roofing, and ceiling insulation.
* Best practices for mechanical systems, including space heating and cooling, ventilation, and water heating.
* Best practices for Solar PV design, sizing, orientation, integration, and installation.
– Reference Net Zero/Ready Home case studies for each Canadian climate zone.
An exam at the end of the course is designed to confirm that participants have learned the key Net Zero and Net Zero Ready Home components. A passing grade is 75%.
November 24-25, 2022
Registration: Deadline November 18, 2022
8:00 AM – 12:30 PM Atlantic Standard Time
(The 2-day Building Science Workshop is a prerequisite to participate in this Workshop)
Free for New Brunswick Builders & Renovators
$375 + HST for Non-Builders/Renovators