CHBA Code of Ethics
- Members shall comply with applicable building codes of Canada as a minimum standard for construction and shall work toward its improvement in the interests of structural sufficiency, safety and health.
- Members shall plan their sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning and support for the environment.
- Members shall deal justly with their employees, subcontractors, and suppliers of all goods and service commitments.
- Members shall exchange information and experience, and encourage research on materials, technical advancements and building techniques in order to provide the best value for their customers.
- Members shall avoid all conduct or practice detrimental to the house building industry, to the Association, to the good name or reputation of any of its members, or its customers.
- Members shall commit to continuing learning through human resource policies and practices, including employment practices which treat employees as assets.
- Members shall actively promote health and safety principles.
- Members shall treat their competitors, including their property and ideas, with respect.
- These responsibilities are freely and solemnly assumed as they form part of an obligation as a member of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association.